Top Albums 2016
Notre top de fin d’année est ce qui se fait de mieux dans le genre.
Écoutez la playlist sur Spotify.
- Vanishing Life - Surveillance (Dine Alone)
- Planes Mistaken for Stars - Prey (Deathwish)
- Eternal Champion - The Armor of Ire (No remorse)
- Praise - Leave it all Behind (React Records)
- Sioux Falls - Rot Forever (Broken World Media)
- Deftones - Gore (Warner)
- David Bazan - Blanco (BMI)
- Owen - The King of Whys (Polyvinyl Records) There is beauty in sadness and Mike Kinsella knows how to express it.
- Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial (Matador) A proper indie-rock record. Thanks Will.
- Alcest - Kodama (Prophecy Productions) Intense and beautiful. Alcest mixes genres and Japanese influences.
- Sumerlands - Sumerlands (Relapse)
- American Football - LP2 (Polyvinyl)
- Basement - Promise Everything (Run for Cover)
- Beastmaker - Lusus Naturae (Rise Above)
pg.lost - Versus (Pelagic)
- Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (Big Scary Monsters) Just catch this one without crying.
- Joyce Manor - Cody (Epitaph) These guys know how to write catchy songs. More please.
- NOFX - First Ditch Effort (Fat Wreck) Best effort since, well pretty some time. Go see them live, we had so much fun.
- Minor Victories - Minor Victories (Play It Again Sam) Perfect mix of influences for this power combo. Touché.
- Angel Olsen - My Woman (Jagjaguwar) Angel is definitively one of the most interesting indie-rock female around these days.
- Tortoise - The Catastrophist (Thrill Jockey) Veterans do it on stage.
- Chestnut Road - LP2 France has a few punk rock gems and this is one of them.
- Cauchemar - Chapelle Ardente
- Bölzer - Hero (Ironhead)
- Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow (Relapse) Some bands sound very much like others and we don’t mind as long it’s good songs and good live performance.
- The Men - Devil Music (We are the Men) Self-produced, straight to the point, live, the Men nailed it.
- Rob Crow’s Gloomy Place - You’re doomed be nice (Temporary Residence) Rob Crow does not need Pinback to release good records.
- Pity Sex - White Hot Moon (Run for Cover) Shoegaze is still a thing in 2016.
- Dinosaur Jr. - Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not (Jagjaguwar) One of the most influential indie bands of the last 30 years and they still rock.
- Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä (Svart) Dark and beautiful. We are in love with Finland.
C’est tout pour cette année, vivement les bons skeuds de 2017.